Powered by Blogger.

Purple Haze Card Concept

Hi friends! It's time for a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept.  This one is purple haze and has some gorgeous purple hues, with a hint of aqua and brown thrown in.  Because I think aqua and just about any other color is crazy delicious, I was inspired by the colors to make this mixed media card.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

I started by pulling out some distress paints and distress oxide inks and a few Magicals pigment powders to make a background.  I laid down a layer of gesso, let it dry, then started in with the Magicals and some water to get a good purple layer down.  I then started adding layers of paint with my fingers and finally added some distress oxide inks and water, finishing off with an aqua watercolor crayon blended with my finger to ad back in some of the light aqua. I sprinkled a bit of watered down gesso for the splatters, then embossed the Philippians 4:8 verse from the Potter's Clay set in white.

The pots are stamped using the MISTI alignment tool, first in wilted violet distress oxide ink, then a partial inking of dusty concord for a shaded effect.  I spritzed with water to activated the oxides, then cut with the coordinating  Pottery Die Set .  The sprays are stamped with both vintage photo and walnut stain distress oxides and then spritzed, fussy cut and accented with some crystal Nuvo drops.

Handmade card by Julee Tilman. www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com

The background for the card is stamped with the big flower from Potters Clay, then sponged with various shaded lilac, dusty concord and wilted violet inks.  It was a bit bright, so I toned things down with a soft layer of gesso, then added some of the aqua back in with the broken china distress oxide ink.   I finished off with white mats, a bit of lace and some distressed edges all around.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you've been inspired to give the challenge a go.  For even more inspirations, be sure to stop by The Card Concept to see what the other amazing designers are sharing today.  It's always a treat!

Card Concept 70
Enabler's List
Stamps: Potter's Clay (Verve Stamps)
Paper: white
Ink: wilted violet, broken china, walnut stain, vintage photo (Distress Oxide), dusty concord, shaded lilac (Distress), Versamark, broken china, wilted violet, dusty concord, tumbled glass (Distress Paint), gesso
Accessories: Pottery Die Set (A Cut Abobve by VERVE), lace trim, crystal drops (Nuvo), MISTI



9 comments

Michele K. Henderson said...

Julee, this is so pretty! I love the tiny purple pots and the beautiful sentiment too! Gorgeous card!
Take care!
Michele

Purple Princess said...

Love the colors!! Beautiful!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awwww.... My favourite colours!! :) AMAZING card, love, love it really so much!!
Pinned
https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524487995686/

Christi Flores said...

Man this is gorgeous!!! Aqua and anything is perfection in my book! :)

Davi said...

Awesome card with the gorgeous vibrant colors and perfect scripture, one of my favs!! I use it all the time to line up my thoughts properly!

Marlena M. said...

GORGEOUS mixed media creation Julee!

Susan Powell said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julee!!

Lilian said...

WOW! Just gorgeous!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Karen Davis said...

Such gorgeous colours with a wonderful verse.