Powered by Blogger.

Spread Your Wings

Hi friends! Another fabulous inspiration challenge kicks off over on The Card Concept Blog today. I had a lot of fun with the splash of hot pink for my mixed media take on the challenge.


I made the background with clear gesso, india ink and watercolors.  If you're on Facebook, I made a short little informal video recreating the process on my Poetic Artistry page this weekend.  The stamps are from a Finnabair stamp set.  I watercolored the butterfly and fussy cut around it, adding a few white pencil accents and some rhinestone flourishes in place of the antennae.


The sentiment is stamped directly on the card base and I was done.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to head on over to The Card Concept to see what the other designers are sharing today.  Then we'd love for you to play along with us!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Don't Forget To Fly (Prima Marketing Finnabair)
Paper: white
Ink: black archival (Ranger), india ink, watercolors (Daniel Smith), white pencil (Stabilo)
Accessories: clear gesso (Prima), rhinestone flourish


8 comments

Dmorgan said...

Love these colors on your card!

Purple Princess said...

Just gorgeous!!

SewPaperPaint said...

Julee, I LOVED watching your video. Happy accidents are the best. This is such a cool card and makes me want to get these stamps out and play. I wanted to say how much I admire your decision to focus more on your family and less on your sketches. I know they will be sorely missed in crafty blog land, but your time with those two cuties is limited and it will be so much fun to have craft breaks just for fun and not out of obligation. Best wishes during this transition. I hope and pray that even more Verve stamp goodness will be the result of this new sense of freedom and time. :) God bless you my friend, Autumn

JoAnn said...

Wow, beautiful card. Love the colors.

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love the deep, rich colors in your card, Julee! So dramatic and beautiful too! Wow!
Take Care!
Michele

Becca Cruger said...

Let me just eye up that scrumptious background for a little while. In love with the subtle texture of that paper!

Samra said...

Stunning!!!
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Marisa said...

Gorgeous bg and love the way you did the antennae!